Have you ever observed someone create instant rapport with a bartender at the club? While rapport with a bartender can get you free drinks, it’s the impression it makes, not the money you save that makes it worthwhile.
If you’re hitting the club anytime soon and want to impress your friends, your date, or anyone else you might run into, follow these tips:
1. Get familiar with the club’s layout during the day
The more familiar with a club you are, the more you’ll be able to impress people when they want to find the bathroom, the bar, the patio, or a particular table.
Regardless of how many times you’ve visited a club or bar, if you’ve never been inside without a crowd, there’s more to know. If possible, make a visit during the day and take note of the following:
- How to get to the restroom and bar from every possible location.
- If there’s a secondary restroom.
- Remember obscure table locations. This will come in handy when you show up with a few friends and all the visible tables are full.
- Know where any steps are so you can say “watch your step” as your group moves around. This will get people to perceive you as more knowledgeable about the club.